Thursday, October 23, 2008

remembering....

For quite a while, I provided worship leadership to Christ Church Anglican in Nanton, Alberta. A wonderful congregation in a 100-year-old church. Dedicated to the Book of Common Prayer. Like, the old version.

One Thanksgiving the leadership they'd organized fell through, and I volunteered to supply, from the old BCP.

Things were running smoothly until I was leading the congregation in the Nicene Creed, whereupon I made a small s-related mistake. The line was supposed to be "who sitteth at the right hand of the Father."

Not what I said.

Later, when I was sitting talking with my own pastor, one Reverend Kevin Powell by name, I admitted my mistake and mentioned that it was entirely likely that Jesus did not shitteth at the right hand of the Father, after all.

He ruminated for a minute. Nodded sagely.

"Very incarnational." was all he said.

No comments: