Thursday, October 23, 2008

5 Influences

Kevin tagged me to list any five people -- living or dead -- who have influenced me spiritually. So, here goes:

1. The Rev. Reg Berg. Pastor and friend from my teens. His gentle guidance and wisdom showed to me that ministry was a possibility in my life.

2. Les and Carol Ferguson. Close friends of my family for as long as I can remember; a model for myself of lives lived wholly committed to Christ.

3. Bernice and Richard Friesen. Because if my marriage can be as strong as theirs is with its foundation in faith, I will be able to call myself successful in life.

4. the Rev. Erin Phillips. Campus Chaplain at the University of Lethbridge and Lethbridge College. Because she lit the Refiner's fire. Though I don't nearly talk to her as often as I need to, or should.

5. Rev. Dr Martin Luther. Because I too struggle with legalism and have to continually remind myself to find freedom in grace.

(and 6, because Kevin only listed 4. I'm stealing his #5.)

6. Rev. Kevin G Powell. Beer and incarnational theology 101. 'nuff said.

So, I tag Kristie, Kristen, and Gunfighter.

No comments: