Thursday, September 20, 2007

the story so far

I've been up with the Boy since about 3.30 this morning, which is not my favorite way to begin a day, especially two days in a row. With all the transitions going on right now -- Ana starting work, me going back to class, and Himself going to daycare it's no wonder that he's regressing. Apparently it's pretty common and the only thing we can do about it is wait until he adjusts. Yay. Pinch me, I'm so excited. The down side to this is that the Boy is so whiny -- we can't figure out what he wants, he can't figure it out, so somewhere in the middle we sit and stare at each other. Ana's 600 hours is somewhere in the middle or so of December, so we're counting the days.
speaking of the middle of December, even though we haven't had any snow yet like some of you farther west, I came home from the Sem on monday to Christmas music. Christmas music! Ana's crazy about Christmas, so as soon as the weather turns colder she starts humming the carols, but not usually playing them. I didn't mind. It's very incarnational -- and nicely removed from all the commercial imagery that springs up in December. I could get used to this.
Anyways, at the beginning of a very long day, wish me luck.

No comments: