Thursday, September 6, 2007

at home....

We wound up staying at home. Really, that works out best -- the Boy's had two nice long naps, and his fever isn't as bad as it was yesterday. He's still a little out of sorts, but I think that may be the result of my being home with him instead of the co-director.
Let me explain that, since some people have asked me about that. The co-director got a job at a telecom company here in Saskatoon, and our childcare plans fell through about the same week. So, we're juggling just a wee bit. I'm now the primary caregiver for most of the week, and we're just trying to get by day by day until the co-director gets her 600 or so hours that then enables her to maternity leave time. So, with three full classes, and a clinical pastoral education class starting for me next week, the Boy may yet wind up at doggie day-care...
But today was really nice. A slow day (the kind that I don't really get that often), we napped, watched a little baby crack (those animated shows like "Max and Ruby" that holds their attention so well), and went for a little walk, so we could both get some fresh air. We looked at the leaves already beginning to change, and babbled back and forth to each other.
When we got back, we had story time. When I was reading, the Boy stood up, sat in my lap, and gave me a big hug and a kiss.
Man, I love being a dad.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

the boy has a name you know...hehee
quit calling him "the boy"...it doesn't sound good.

Anonymous said...

names have been changed for the protection of individuals...those who know him, know him well, and those who don't can still appreciate the tales :)
-me