Friday, January 2, 2009

worth mentioning #1

this past Sunday, the Co-Director and I went to worship at our 'home' church in Lethbridge. It was a wonderful experience, despite the fact that the benevolent-guru-in-residence was off on vacation.

We caught up with some of our old friends, saw some people who hadn't seen us since we left for Saskatoon, and had coffee afterwards. It made me a little homesick, truth be told, for the time when this was 'normal' for us.

The best part, though, was being able to sit with my family at worship. Wow. Talk about contentment.

Mind you, this 'daddy-is-sitting-with-us' thing totally weirded out The Boy, who kept tugging on my hand and pointing to the pulpit, thus indicating to me that he thought I was forgetting that I was supposed to be standing at the front and talking. When I didn't move he had a small attack of nerves and had to sit in the nursery for a while and be held by the co-Director.

Boy2, on the other hand, thought it was simply the greatest thing, ever. Lots of smiles and coos for daddy.

No comments: