Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dear Pixar

Dear Wonderful People at Pixar;

Hello. First off, I would like to thank you for the wonderful shows you produce. I must admit; I was not so impressed with Toy Story. But Monsters, Inc., especially the short film "Mike's New Car" -- sheer comic genius.

And you recently had a hit again with WallE. Very, very, nicely done. Again, the short "Presto" had me spilling milk out my nose. My toddler loved it.

Speaking of my toddler, this brings me to my point. He's 2.

And he loves cars. And Cars, your blockbuster of a few years ago. I must admit, I enjoy watching it as well. Maybe not as often, but I do enjoy parts of it a strong 50% of the time, having seen it on average three times a week for the last four months. In particular, he enjoys that way that you chose to personify tractors in the movie; giving them the characteristics of cow.

However, I must bring this to your attention. I grew up on an acreage. I rode horses. I helped with cattle. I drove tractors and loaders.

I feel deep-rooted, heartfelt shame when my todder, when asked what sound a tractor makes, says 'moo'.

I want some money, now. For emotional and mental anguish that you have turned my eldest son into a city boy.

Sincerely,
me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better not ask him where the milk comes from... he might say the super market!

Pamela D. Crawshaw-Prangnell said...

Pixar turned your son into a city boy?! Tell me how much time he's spent with real tractors and I'll tell you who to blame. ;-) My dad, by the way, has bought and refurbished five John Deeres since retiring to his acreage. Mom wants to know when he will re-sell them (so she has money for eBaying) but he insists he needs them all, one for each grandkid and one so he can play, too. They only live 40 minutes north of your house. Just ask for "Mr. B." in Dingleberry.

...Pam