Thursday, January 8, 2009

what the...?

I am not terribly old, but old enough.

I can remember playing outside in January in a T-shirt when I was younger. When I worked as a doorman at a nightclub during my undergrad, I remember not wearing a coat the first week in January because it was 15 degrees celsius.

So why in the heck is -30 here again today?? Hello!!!??? I just put up with two years of this in Saskatoon! They can freeze and keep it!

If you're reading this and it's above freezing where you live, let me know.

Then leave me your mailing address. I'll send you a punch in the mouth.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Definitely above 0 here today! Not sending my mailing address.

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

then Kristen, I hope you can hear me sticking out my tongue at you!

Anonymous said...

My question to you, then Mick, is this: were those temperatures norms that could be counted on, or do you remember them because of how out of the ordinary it was? We generally remember the outliers more then we remember the events that correspond to what is expected behaviour.

Or it could just be you brought the weather with you from Saskatoon to Calgary...

Cla3rk

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

Clark,
I'd go with the latter suggestion, really.