Sunday, November 9, 2008

pictures...

as in, family pictures. That we went to a studio and got. Today.

You may have noticed that members of my family -- myself excluded -- are very photogenic. I'm not so much -- the light reflects off my rather (ahem) high forhead and back into the camera, producing a high amount of glare.

But seriously, my boys love the camera. The Boy mugs for the camera every time he sees one, and Boy2 is interested, though now mostly he seems concerned that they be a possible source of nourishment. But even he's been known to produce a smile or giggle for a picture with a little prodding.

Not so today. Today, though they giggled and laughed before we sat down for our portrait, as soon we were posed their faces lost all expression. Seriously, folks. It was scary. So now we have family pictures. The coDirector and I are smiling and happy (and she should be; she looked gorgeous) and our children look like poster children for a brainwashing cult.

bah. from now on, our families get pictures of the us looking harried and the boys cookie-smeared and stinky, but at least happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean they aren't? Huh, go figure...

Cla3rk

Pamela D. Crawshaw-Prangnell said...

I hope we'll get a copy in our Christmas card. Which reminds me, its been a few years since we've had family portraits taken.