Saturday, August 2, 2008

on the blog front

Through a series of bizzare coincidences yesterday, I stumbled upon a new blog.

Gunfighter: A Modern Warrior's Life is the blog of a fellow Lutheran (ELCA) from the Virginia area. He's a devout Christian, a Democrat (go Obama!) and gets to use guns frequently and blow shit up.

He also runs Real Dads, a place for dads to celebrate Fatherhood.

Boy, I'm movin' south of the border. A few people have told me that working my way through my undergrad as a nightclub bouncer gave me some solid skills for church committee meetings. Think of how much better prepared if (like Gunfighter) I'd joined the Marines first....

Check him out -- well worth the trip. Leave a comment, and let him know where you're from and how you found his site.

Keep the faith.

Oh yeah, and as long as it seems like everyone else has a cool blog name, I'm thinking of renaming mine "The Zen of Kicking Ass: From Bouncer to Pastor in Nine Easy Years".

or: "The Alien Word: How to Kick Ass and Save Souls at the Same Time." (little Lutheran joke there.)

or even something edgier: "Mastication and Regurgitation: Life in the Family Trenches"

Thoughts?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Name it anything that you would feel comfortable letting your parishioners read... because they will find you.

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

Erik,
Oh so, "why Christianity should be more violent" is not a good choice? :)

Anonymous said...

Like I said, anything that YOU would feel comfortable having your parishioners read.

In all seriousness, my last blog is still named "Jesus saves... at the end of Every level" and no one seemed to care.

Maybe you could go with "Body and Blood - Recovering Christian Cannibalism"

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

I've been debatingL

"whatever happened to the role of the orgy in Christian practice?"

It's liturgically sound...naked liturgy is sound...(inside joke for sem students)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, Mick.

God be with you.

GF