Monday, April 14, 2008

new trick

so, the Boy has spent the last little bit working on a new trick, just to amuse his parents. But first, some back story.
the co-Director's parents visited for a couple of days this past week, and the Boy has been running full tilt for at least the weekend, if not more. This kinda compounds a problem, because he's been getting up in the middle of the night just about every night for the last three weeks.
I get up with him, give him a drink and some snuggles, and sleep on the floor of his room until he's asleep. Then, I go back to my own bed.
But last night something changed. He got up at about 3:30, and I picked him out of his crib, got him a drink, and snuggled him in our bed for a little bit. Then I put him back in his room, and left when he seemed pretty sound asleep.
About an hour later he was standing at the door of OUR bedroom, burbling at us about how clever he was. He'd figured out how to get out of his crib.
I didn't think it was humanly possibly to be more proud of him than I already was. He proved me wrong!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that now he is going to be coming and going as he pleases? I hope that you don't mind having to play hide-and-seek every half hour...

Cla3rk