Friday, April 18, 2008

employed again

So I'm once again gainfully employed. Another job in the landscaping/lawn maintenance field. I like it -- it's outside the whole day, and very physical work to counteract the 8 months or more I spend behind a desk each year. Last year I lost 60 pounds over the summer, and have since managed to find about 15 or so of those. I hope that I can repeat that feat (the losing) again.
It's funny, but every so often I meet people who ask me "why don't you work at camp, or something related to the church?" My reply: what makes you think I'm not working for the church doing this?
Sometimes I think that the whole 'professional clergy' idea contributes to the burnout that both individuals and the church in general is experiencing. But then, over the course of the summer I work that out of my system and am ready to get my butt behind a desk again.
hopefully, a little smaller butt next fall.

1 comment:

Skakes said...

The lawns of Sask. will never be the same...just kiddin ya. Hope the summer is restful for you and the babies and A. Any trips to Lethbridge planned? You will be missed at the U of L Rels. Studies Conference.
God bless