Sunday, April 20, 2008

done

I just finished the last touches on my last final paper this semester.
It's a funny feeling when I finish a semester's work -- I never did the 'ender bender' party during my undergrad, I think partially because I really, really, enjoy what I study. The only difference over summer is that the reading I do doesn't always lead to a paper.
That funny feeling -- I think I'm a bit sad. Happy to do done with the writing and all while trying to attend to a couple of children, but sad that I'm nearly done a journey I started quite a while ago.
Next year -- internship sermons, Newsletter articles. Press releases. Papal bulls. That sort of thing.
should be fun.

2 comments:

Erik Parker said...

Don't forget Council reports... I can imagine they might be somewhat interesting if you are actually the pastor, but mine are mostly generalities about what I did over the previous month and how much fun I am having what I am looking forward to.

Hopefully you enjoy them more than I do.

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

Eric, did you miss the part about papal bulls?
then again, I suppose starting council reports with 'when the world is mine...' may not be encouraging!
thanks for the advice! we'll see you on sunday.