Saturday, December 1, 2007

Theology Student's Prayer

Yay! It's almost the end of semester. My friend Clark, surveyor and poet extraordinaire, sent me this (and I made a couple of revisions):

Our Prof, who art not in thy office,
uncursed be thy name.
Thy final come
thy course be done
on paper, as it is in lecture.
Give us today our passing grade
and forgive us our copied assignments
as we forgive you your lecture slides.
Lead us not into post-grad
but deliver us unto the laity
for thine is the stipends
the office and the synod
after four years or more, Amen

3 comments:

Erik Parker said...

That's a keeper.

I will give you a nice silver nickel to use it in chapel!

Anonymous said...

Mick, I only count one revision, where are the others?

I'll take the silver nickel, Mick knows where to send it.

Cla3rk

Anonymous said...

Clark,
just the one change you undoubtedly noticed, plus two grammatical revisions (an adverb, an infinitive construct, and an active participle).
thanks again :)
-m