Sunday, December 16, 2007

moving along

Life is going along pretty well here in the Macintyre household. The co-director is done work on Wednesday, after 630 hours of mindless tedium. I've been spending so much time at the hospital lately that I'm debating admitting myself so I at least get a bed to sleep in. I'm trying to get ahead on my clinical shifts for a couple of reasons, not the least of which is that I don't want to be back in the hospital when Spot makes his or her appearance.
The other reason is that I'm busting my buns to keep my mind off other things. The Boy's surgery, for example. Our little boy has a hydrocele and he's in the small percentage of children who need surgery to correct it. I'm not overly thrilled about signing a consent for a doctor to anaesthetize my child and and puncture his little body. Actually, I feel really shitty about the entire process and wish that I could just say a hundred Ave Maria's and wish it away. However, that's unlikely to happen so I trust in the skill and study of his doctor.
(note** at this point in time remarks about being prayerful and trusting in God are only going to start a fight. I pray that God grants peace and wisdom to the surgeon along with steadiness of his hands.)
The Boy goes in on January 3, and should be out the same day. My classes start on the 14th of January, so I'll at least have a bit of time to spend at home with my growing family. That's a lovely blessing that I treasure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, this is what I don't get about this modern religion. If you had just stuck with the old ways, all you would have needed to do was sacrifice, say, a goat to Ασκλπιόζ, everything would have been fine. But nooooo, we've got to have the latest, high tech deity, with all the newest bells and whistles like consubstantiation or eternal love and redemption. Next thing you know, your going to be telling me that I shouldn’t be bleeding people to rebalance the humors *snort*.

Cla3rk

Erin said...

Poor little gaffer...I'll pray for the surgeon and for his parents.