Sunday, February 8, 2009

what a day....

what a long, long day.

Had a terrible night last night. I had some kind of fever that, in addition to making my sleep fitful at best, translated into anger at being woken up continuously by a toddler that wouldn't sleep in his own bed and a baby that felt nursing every 1/2 hour was a good idea. The only person in the house who had a worse night than mine was the co-Director's. Ouch.

Of course, at Hope we have two church services every morning. This morning was the service of matins -- Morning Prayer -- which is very cantor-intensive. Looking at the bulletin before service began, I noticed that your friendly neighbourhood Vicar was down as Cantor. 'Cept I hadn't noticed that before.

That chuckling sound you hear in the background is all the people who know me laughing manically, because they know I can't sing. At least, not very well. But I pulled it off not too badly.

The afternoon found us down in Vulcan visiting my mom - sniggled out of teaching an adult class (thanks, reverend supervisor) and trundled down south.

And walked right into an old friend. Seriously old friend; quite possibly the biggest influence in my desire to be a pastor. That's right, folks. There's someone for you to blame.

I haven't seen him in a number of years -- family stuff with both of us caused us to lose track of each other. We went through a tough time, as well -- times when I didn't know if our friendship could survive. But by God's grace, it did.

And so now, tonight, I rejoice. Had I one, I would kill the fatted calf. For the friend I thought was lost is found again.

No comments: