Wednesday, February 18, 2009

25 Random things about Me

1. I play -- everything I do is informed from the same kind of relationship-building energy as childhood play. And it drives other people nuts. My wife loves it.
2. I come from a musical family, and I can't play or sing a note.
3. I worked for 3 years as a bouncer in various nightclubs to help pay for my undergrad; I found it very good crisis intervention experience.
4. at the same time I worked for Ecumenical Campus Ministry at the University of Lethbridge.
5. My best friend growing up was a border collie named Dolly.
6. My wife is the most interesting aspect of my life. She's wonderful.
7. we have two beautiful boys and plan on having a few more.
8. That's because we like having children; not out of a religious motivation. People who automatically assume a religious reason really drive me nuts.
9. I have, on occasion, threatened people with violence and offered to pray for them afterwards. It seems to work better than just threatening.
10. I have trouble accepting that I get paid for being a minister. I doesn't seem right sometimes.
11. I have an extremely high work ethic and very good time management skills; through my undergrad I worked between 40-60 hours a week, courted my wife, went to school full time AND still volunteered for my church (and still had free time)
12. Because of that, I have little patience for the 'I'm so tired/too busy' excuse. But I try to be understanding.
13. I'm a raging extrovert -- I love being around people and hearing their stories.
14. the downside of that is when I'm really tired -- exhausted -- it actually projects as aggression. I'm trying to figure out why.
15. My older brother claims I have Excessive Personality Disorder.
16. I'm not entirely certain he's wrong.
17. At one point in time I could bench press close to 300 pounds.
18. When I was younger I really wanted to join the military but circumstances at the time made that not a good decision. I still wonder, what if...?
19. I can drive anything with wheels or tracks.
20. I often feel like I'm surrounded by people who've had all sense of joy or elation sucked out of their lives, leading them to tell me to 'be serious' and assume that I wander through life making fun of everything. I reject that -- I take everying seriously, but lightly.
21. I don't like spending time in my office but acknowledge on occasion my need to feed my inner introvert.
22. I love archaeology journals. I pick them up whenever I can, and think that if I ever went back to grad school it'd be to become an archaeologist.
23. I can read Nabbatean Aramaic.
24. When I was 18, I legally changed my name and took my mother's maiden name. It would have died with my uncle.
25. I can talk about my wife and boys for hours. They're much more interesting than me.

No comments: