Saturday, July 19, 2008

WTF?

A Gay man in Michigan has launched a $70 million-dollar lawsuit against publishers Zondervan and Thomas Nelson, claiming that the translation of the word 'homosexual' in some editions of the bible has caused him 'severe distress and emotional instability'.

Read the article at this link.


I'd rather imagine he was emotionally unstable to begin with. But I'm inspired. I think I'm going to sue Augsburg for the NRSV bible whenever is says anything about about the left hand, since those references have long caused me, a humble and emotionally fragile left-hander, severe distress.

who's with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not left handed, but I really like Pork, and have always felt guilty about eating it...

Anonymous said...

I'd be with you, dude, except for one small technical problem: no one who spends 30 seconds in a room with you is going to buy the argument that you are (open finger quotes) emotionally fragile (close finger quotes)...

Cla3rk