Thursday, October 25, 2007

Reading Week







It's reading week, which is a week of classes at the Sem designed to allow students to catch up on reading and other schoolwork and to complete large projects. During my undergrad, this time was called 'ski week' or something along those lines. I'm one of those annoyingly conscientious students that usually has my work done, so reading week is usually time for me to relax. I had big plans -- to indulge in some non school-related reading, to fill a couple more shifts at the hospital, and generally to just take it easy.

I should have known that wouldn't work. It started last Saturday evening with a burr in my throat. By 1 Sunday morning I had a fever pushing 40 Celsius and I could not keep warm, except for the burning sensation in my throat. I have a really bad case of tonsilitis/laryngitis. Those who know me well know it for a stress reaction -- I work pretty hard with high stress for an extended period of time, and then I get sidelined out of the blue with some virulent plague. The only saving grace is that I'm not usually contagious.


So I've been home for this week with the Boy. I get a short nap in the morning, then try to push through the rest of the day without passing out on the couch (we made arrangements last week to keep the Boy out of daycare this week). I hope I feel good enough (and sound alive enough) to get back to my clinicals on monday.


Meanwhile, I've posted some pictures from the last couple of weeks. I've been promising updates for a while, so sorry about the delay.

1 comment:

Back to Shine said...

Aww... sorry to hear you're sick, I hope you're feeling better by now.
Great pix of the boy. :)
Hope everyone is doing well. E.