Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Full Rich Day

We had a really good day around the Macintyre house today. There was a youth worship band at church today that was quite talented -- 'Watermark Denmark', a group from Youth Encounter that is training to go to, you guessed it, Denmark to do some outreach ministry there. One downside is a definite dearth of theological reflection in some of the songs -- two they sang back-to-back had conflicting theologies and no one seemed to notice. I doesn't really detract from the enjoyment, just causes a little disconnect in my head when I'm singing.
This autumn is beautiful in Saskatoon, so we went for a walk this afternoon with the Boy to enjoy the leaves and get him a little exercise (Ana too, because she's a little tired of sitting all the time at work). The Boy was alseep after about ten minutes of walking, so the adults enjoyed a nice time together.
Speaking of Ana, she had her ultrasound this past Tuesday. If I could figure out how to scan the photplate they gave us of the new baby I would post it here, but I can't. Needless to say, I am once again the proud father of an amorphous blob. One slight problem -- the baby is sitting breach right now, and Ana's placenta is a little low so we have to go back in a couple months for a re-assessment. Prayers are appreciated...
So more about the day. We came back from our walk to a phone message from a friend of mine from Lethbridge who does a lot of supply ministry in the area around my hometown. I gave her a call back, and wound up with two services over the Christmas holidays when we're back home! Two Christmas Eve services 5:00 and 7:00 in two lovely little villages, Milo and Lomond, and I get to do them both. I feel tremendously blessed and happy that such wonderful people support me in this journey towards ordination, and also that they trust me and my abilities enough to recommend me for such a wonderful occasion! Anybody who's remotely in the area is welcome to attend -- hope to see you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michael, Diana and Duncan

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

OK, first off, I think that may be the first time anyone has ever referred to Milo or Lomond as "two lovely little villages" with a straight face.

Second, are you trying to tell me that this is the first time you have had a little disconnect in your head. As opposed to, say, the time you decided to mouth off the border guard?

Cla3rk

Anonymous said...

now, now. Mouthing of to the border guard was an entirely rational if not intelligent act.
Travel more one province to the East, Clark, and you'll understand why Milo and Lomond suddenly start to look nice.
-m