Tuesday, August 14, 2007

how I spent my summer vacation

working, mostly. But, there are some benefits to that. I work for a lawn maintenance company, pushing large pieces of equipment around for 8 or so hours a day. So, since I started work at the end of april, I've lost about 60 pounds off my somewhat corpulent frame. That may sound like a lot, but I don't think the difference between 290 and 230 pounds is the same as, say, the difference between 230 and 170 pounds. But I digress. I'm happy with the change and am going to start cardio training when work ends to ensure that I keep it off -- and hopefully lose more.
The benefit to being slightly smaller than usual (bearing in mind that I still have a 19-inch neck) is that I spent a loooong drive to Ottawa comfortably ensconced in my pal Cory's chevy sportscar. Cory's attending air-traffic-control school in Cornwall, Ontario, and wanted some company for the drive. so, yours truly tagged along. Saw some awesome parts of the country, and managed not to get arrested on Parliament Hill (I thought it would be memorable, but Cory preferred something less martial). Check out Cory's blog here.
the co-director and I are going back home to sunny southern Alberta next week, to celebrate the Boy's first birthday and see some family. Ana's starting work again the week after that, so we actually have to cut our visit short, which really sucks. Ah well -- student life again.
Anyways, here are some pictures from the Ontario trip:
Kenora, ON


The Terry Fox Memorial outside of Thunder Bay, ON

The Parliament Buildings

And the National Library.


1 comment:

Erik Parker said...

Hey Mick. Its nice to see at one person bloging on a regular basis at the seminary.

Stop by Calgary if you are every around!

E