Tuesday, June 16, 2009

ugh...

I've done it again.

If there is one thing in my life that I consistently fail at, it's this.

I've worked harder before, been better, but always I regress.

Wonder what it is?

I've gained a whomping 32 pounds since August. Because I am lazy at one thing in my life -- ironically enough, it's the thing that could be most responsible for my own early death. I can't, if you'll pardon the pun, live with that.

So, I brought the bike out and started riding to the church two or three days a week. 10km, one way. This in in Northwest Calgary, I might add -- right around Nose Hill. So, 10km one way to a vertical elevation of nearly 1300m above sea level, and then down the other side to the church. Then, at the end of the day, back up the other side again.

And tonight, I ran (or tried to...mostly, I crawled and wished I would die) for 7km. Not much, but it's a start.

I'm determined to lose 15 pounds by moving day, by hook or by crook. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your FIRST run was 7K? Wow. It took me eight weeks to get to 5K. You are either determined or crazy. Maybe both. Either way, I hope you achieve your goals. Just remember that if you injure yourself in the process that moving will be that much more stressful. Oh, and a friendly reminder that 90% of weight loss is about what you eat.

Hugs!

...Pam

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

Hi Pam!

the 7km (or so) route is actually our regular walking route -- I just picked up the pace a bit; I wasn't exaggerating about crawling more than half of it. Luckily, I kinda know what my body can take.

90% of weight loss is about what I eat? Darn. Fine. From now on, only 1/2 a suckling pig for snack.

take care!
mick

Unknown said...

Mick,

I'm with you on the weight thing. That's my big struggle as well. I can juggle work, home, master's work, volunteer work, but the battle of the belly rages on.

kgp