Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Welcome!

Hello friends,
I hope that you'll join with me in welcoming into the world the latest addition to our family:
Keiran Patrick Macintyre was born at 12:20 AM on March 19, 2008.
He weighed 9"10' (yes, the exact same as big brother Duncan did), was 21 and 1/2 inches long and had a head circumference of 37 cm.
labor was induced at 7pm after a day of waiting in the hospital.
Excitement came (squeamish people stop reading now) when the baby crowned as Diana was sitting in the bathroom. She couldn't make it to the birthing bed in time, so our new little boy made his way into the world on the bathroom floor as Diana leaned against me for support.
I tore my pants.

pictures to follow.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the world little one.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I Just wanted to congratulate you both before heading off to work. I can't wait to meet my new nephew and of course spend a lot more time with Duncan. ^_^

Love you both.

xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both. Sue is in Calgary but will be anxious to hear your news.

Rick

Back to Shine said...

OOOH!!! (attempt at reproducing the real-life squeal of joy I just let out in reading your email/blog!) I'm SO excited for you! I can't wait to see the pictures!(and meet Keiran next time in in the city) What does Duncan make of his new brother? Or has he had a chance to form an opinion yet?

My love to all four of you.
E.

Anonymous said...

Did you tear them on the little horns on top of his head?

Cla3rk

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations to the Macintyres on another little boy!Terrific! (That'll save you some $ on clothes. Whew, eh?!)

Kieran is a great name. I approve. It was one I considered very seriously for Evan. For the record, I will be calling the baby Spudnut, though. No doubt Corey will have a nickname for him, too.

Mick, I assure you that torn pants hurt much less than a torn perineum. Diana will confirm that, I am certain.

We can't wait to meet the baby. The rest of you may visit, too. (Just be warned that Ashley will be ticked that Uncle Mickey and Aunty Dee didn't make her a baby girl cousin. She's had her fill of baby boys lately.) I'm sure Matt will be thrilled when I tell him its a boy, though.

Hugs to all!

...Pam

Erik Parker said...

Great News!!! Keiran is a super name!

Erin said...

Wonderful! congrats!!!

Skakes said...

congrats! cant wait to see the little man!